Wednesday, May 9, 2012

 Even though we live on a few acres, have a humongous swing set (thanks Barb and Marshall), plenty of space to run, a sandbox........some days still call for a run to the local park.  Our boys had a day off of school so we packed up after lunch to run off excess energy.  How it is even possible for kids to have so much energy is beyond me!  Should be a crime. 
 Heidi asked for sunglasses for her birthday so the next week Eden went looking in Mark's truck to find a pair.  She found herself a pair and was thrilled! 
 Just cute!  End of story.
 Whoops....he is cute too.  Now end of story!  Seriously though.  Isn't he handsome?
 And look who is growing? 
 This was not staged folks!  Heidi was sharing her blankie with Naomi.  I do have to watch her closely since she likes to cover Naomi's face with her hands, blankets, whatever covers her and makes her squirm.  I am thinking about doing the same thing to Heidi in hopes that she realizes how uncomfortable it is but am afraid she will think it is fun.  Those types of reverse pyschology situation always backfire on me. 
 And look who has found her fingers!  She has almost completely given up her pacifier and has transitioned to being a finger sucker!  Since she self soothes now she sleeps for long periods of time at night.  I hesitate to tell you how long she has slept the past three nights in fear that she will switch it up on me.  Maybe next week I will tell you.
 Here are the newest residents on our property.  We have two different pair of geese and their goslings hanging out in our yard.  We like watching them peck around. 
If they start digging in my garden my fondness for them will change rapidly!! 

We are gearing up for summer around here and the countdown until the end of school has happened.  I am lining up some help for myself this summer so we survive.  I finally accepted the fact that I cannot do everything that needs done.  Go ahead and congratulate me for admitting to my limits!  I was buried under office work last week and am slowly digging my way out.  This time of year is just a little on the busy side at our house. 

And I am looking forward to a night out with my sweet husband this weekend!!  Date night gets sweeter and more necessary with each child we add to our family.  Know what I mean? 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That little Naomi is just YUMMY!!!

Charity Hildebrand said...

Love those pictures! And I probably don't want to hear how well Noami sleeps since I will be jealous :)

Isaiah is still waking up twice a night to nurse. And last night he thought it would be fun to be wide awake for about an hour in the middle of the night!

But I know this time flies by so quickly so I'm trying to enjoy every moment!

Love you!

Sending lots of hugs your way!

Mim said...

The picture of Heidi and Naomi is wonderful!!