Monday, May 14, 2012

Sacrifice

 Yesterday, on the day set aside to honor mothers I was very aware of the sacrifice made by other mothers who I have never met.  I looked at this picture of me with my girls last night and was simply speachless upon realizing they all have a different birthmom but all so completely my girls!  We speak with Eden about her first mom often but there is a finality there since her birthmom is no longer in this world.  We still honor Alemnesh for loving her daughter and giving her life.  And all through church yesterday and as we stood to have Naomi dedicated I thought of her birthmother and how this mothers day is vastly different for her.  I am the one who is kissing her cheeks, seeing her smile and holding her close.  May God bless her dear birthmom for her sacrifice!!  Look at those sweet girls!  How funny that 5 years ago I was hoping we would have a daughter in a couple of years. 
Sometimes driving in the car just tuckers you out! 

And for the record, I tried to get my boys for a pictures but decided I wouldn't torture them.  We had a splendid day!  We had a relaxing morning, went to the later service at church, had Naomi dedicated and then spent a fun afternoon/evening with my Aunt Tina, Uncle Glenn, cousin Brianna and her boyfriend Brandon.  They are probably my kids new favorite!  They blessed us tremendously yesterday!!  Thank you a million times over for spending time with us! 

I started this Monday morning with a full cup!  That hasn't happened in quite a while.  Mark and I had an evening out on Friday and were treated to a beautiful dinner by my Uncle Elvin and Aunt Molly.  We spent hours talking, being encouraged and laughing!  If everyone who has dinner with them leaves feeling so encouraged, wow!  And then yesterday spending time with another aunt/uncle!  Blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

adalong said...

So glad you were blessed by family! I love your blogs!
Love,
Ada