Thursday, May 24, 2012

Everyday Life

 My busy days have left very little time lately for me to think past the here and now.  Most days if I think past the next moments I can quickly feel overwhelmed.  This time of year is just so busy at our house.  The man of the house is working long 6 day weeks right now.  I have a whole new appreciation every spring for single parents.  Having to feed the kids every evening by myself, getting them to help clean-up from the days activities, refereeing the squabbles........how do people do it by themselves day in and day out?  Mark did make sure I was intent on finding someone to help me at least 1 day a week so that I could have a small break.  He doesn't expect me to do it all by myself.  We have learned long ago that everything runs smoother if I have some time either to myself or with less demands.  And yesterday, it wasn't that I even had time alone.  I just had one child with me at the grocery store and two children to the eye doctor.  I didn't have to take all 4 of the little ones which is a huge blessing. 
 This was my floor by 8:00 one morning.  I love that they dig into the creative, crafty stuff often.  I make sure it is accessible to them so they can create anytime they desire.  The clean-up can be a little difficult sometimes.
 This past Saturday our boys elementary school had their annual 5k walk/run and spring festival.  Judah loves to run and wants to sign up for 5k's as soon as he knows one is happening.  He and his friend pictured here ran together and decided to cross the finish line together so they would be tied for first place!  Judah ran a personal best of 25:55 minutes!  He was pretty excited and is gearing up for another race on Saturday. 
 This was Shane's first time running a 5k and he also teamed up with his friend.  He did great as well and finished in 38 minutes!  Such sweet boys!
 And our darling geese have become a complete nuisance at this point!  How is it even possible for them to poop so much?!  And they are taking to running through my garden. 

The excitement of the week has been the sighting of a bobcat and also a bear!  This is the second time a bobcat has been spotted at our house (I haven't seen it yet) and the first time we saw a bear.  We knew the bear has been around since I have had to clean up the mess it has left behind a few times.  Heidi went out on our front porch right before she was going to bed, came back in with huge eyes and tried to tell us about the bear through her constricted throat due to her fear!  I looked out the window and yelled for the boys to come quickly.  The big ole' bear meandered through our yard slowly.  It was beautiful to watch but if it hangs around we will be called the game commission.  Makes me a little uneasy with my children who like to play outside a lot.
And my sweet baby is already 13 weeks old!  She is still so pleasant and loves to be snuggled.  I still have to fight my way through the other kids who are basically smothering her with love so I can hold her.  They get downright grumpy with me sometimes when I tell them it is my turn.  How she loves her fingers!

Hope your week is running along smoothly and that someone who is reading this is getting to enjoy sunshine since the sun seems evasive around here!  I was just thinking this morning how much I would love to live where the sun shines everyday! 

No comments: