Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Here She Is

A week ago today I woke up not knowing this little treasure even existed! A week later she is welcomed into our home and hearts! Introducing...... Naomi Elise.

Naomi - peaceful, beautiful
Elise - consecrated to God

Elise was her given name by her birth mother and it is her biological maternal grandmothers name. The name book that I have had since we found out we were pregnant with Judah has had the name Elise underlined for years. I have always liked the name but it just never made it into the final cut when naming the other girls. Now we know why.
She isn't happy or anything! Ha! I basically have to fight her for a chance to hold Naomi.
I met the boys as they got off the bus. Shane threw his coat and backpack to me and made a beeline for the house. By the time Judah and I got to the house this is how we found him.
We feel blessed beyond measure tonight. Mark and I are both completely exhausted which I think is a good indicator of how emotional the past week has been. We will be heading to bed soon. Amazing what a day can bring, isn't it?

5 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

She is SO beautiful! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

ltwnstd said...

Unbelievable! Love it, love it, love it.

Beautiful Mess said...

God bless!

Ang said...

Hi Becky~
We've all been staring at her picture :-)
Love you guys,
Ang

Valerie said...

Congratulations, Becky!!! I just checked your blog for the first time in a bit, and what wonderful wonderful wonderful news to read!!!!!!!! I love that you pursued domestic adoption. Friends of mine that intended to adopt a special needs baby (they had a lot of experience working with special needs populations, so thought that adopting special needs was their calling) crazily discovered that in many places black children are classified as "special needs" because there are so many waiting to be adopted. Instead, they adopted two wonderful little black children.

So much hope, joy, and prayers for all of you as you start this new, amazing, wonderful journey!!!!