Sunday, March 11, 2012

3 Weeks Old

There are so many surreal things about the way this little girl entered our lives and home. In time I will process all the details from my heart and head and type them out. For now we are still adjusting and trying to find our new normal. Look at her sweet little rose bud lips!
One of my main concerns in bringing another baby into our home was how Heidi would respond and react. She has had a few moments of tears and needing me to hold her. For the most part she has really surprised me with how well she is adapting. We aren't far into this journey but so far she is loving being a big sister. She was helping me take the compost bucket out to dump it this afternoon and told me, "I not a baby. I big, big, big!" I may be having a harder time with the fact that Heidi is not my baby anymore. Again, in time those feelings will all be sorted through and processed.
The girls were more than willing to help give Naomi a bath! She didn't even cry while getting her bath! This little girl hardly ever makes a peep and I was sure that stripped down and placed into water that we would hear the full extent of her vocal chords. Nothing. She is so incredibly content and relaxed! I have heard rumors of baby's who hardly cry but have never experienced it first hand. So grateful for her sweet little nature.
And apparently I am to play pirates with some children outside. I have been instructed to make a map and then join them. So I am off to explore and do piratey things!!

1 comment:

Mim said...

Sweet! I'm so looking forward to holding her! I think of you (and pray for you and yours) often. Have you been getting meals brought in?