Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tristan Turns 4 and Other Fun Happenings

My little boy is growing up! I know that is the natural flow of things but I sure wish I could freeze him at this age for a while. He has the cutest way about him. Except for his tendency to scream when someone has offended him and his obsessive cleanliness while eating. He now eats with a dishrag next to his plate to clean up every little minuscule drop of food, water or milk. It has lessened the screaming at meal time but hasn't seemed to lessen his anxiety completely. In typical birthday fashion at our house the morning started with opening of presents. First though, Tristan had made his way over to our bed early in the morning and wanted to snuggle. He climbed in bed, snuggled up close and fell back to sleep. Shortly after Tristan fell back to sleep Eden also arrived. Which meant Mark was pushed out of the bed! Tristan slept nice and late even though Judah and Shane hovered at the bedroom door willing him to wake up!
There is a story here. Tristan thinks black is really neat although yellow remains his favorite color. Or so he says. He has nothing yellow and doesn't show preference to yellow. But black! Oh my, my, my! He thinks black is really neat. Maybe it has something to do with the fact he thinks God has a black race car. Anyway, he requested black icing on his cake. So...black icing it was! He and Eden licked the beaters and this was the result. Turns out black icing makes your teeth, tongue and lips...um....black! Kind of gross but extra fun for kids!

We lit his candles, almost started singing and he had already blown them out. We lit them the second time and instructed him to wait until we had finished singing before blowing them out.
Sweet boy! We love you so, so much!!

The kids on their wagon train!
Fun evenings on the patio being drug around by their big brother!
Staying cool in the warmth of the sun!

The older boys like having battles complete with shields! Who knew a hose could be so fun?

2 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Happy Birthday Tristan! Haha, that is hilarious how clean he is when he eats - can he teach this to my kids?! :)

Koelle said...

Happy Birthday, Tristan! Time goes so quickly!

I wanted to let you know that I got the book and have started reading it. Thanks so much! I'm eager to learn and get some ideas of how we can do more, then I'll pass it along via my blog when I am done.