Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Get Involved

I am having trouble moving pictures where I want them. So...this is Sasha! Continue reading to find about this dear little boy and them scroll back tot he top and try not to fall in love!

We are back in full swing from our extended weekend in the mountains. I will do a post a little later today or tomorrow with pictures. It was wonderful to connect with family!

In the meantime I want to draw a few things to your attention. They both pertain to orphans who are in need of a home. The first is something local here to central Pennsylvania. Some folks we know from a few years ago just arrived home with their daughter from the Ukraine. In the process of spending time in the orphanage there they met and fell in love with a bunch of kids who are longing for a family. They are doing a hosting program in August. Please, please head over to http://www.walkfamilyadoption.blogspot.com/ and look at the children and consider sponsoring, hosting and adopting one of these children. If you desire more information just leave a comment and she will send you additional information on the children. These are talented, well-adjusted children who will be aging out of the system within a few years. Most of the children are 10-14 years of age with a few younger. Take a risk! Step out! Give them a family! God's promise to them is this: "God sets the lonely in families" - Psalm 68:6 This is His promise to them but He needs us to respond in order for them to have a family!

Secondly, a little boy names Sasha on Reece's Rainbow is in need of a family. He was months away from joining his forever family but his adoptive mom has just been diagnosed with cancer. Due to the treatments she will be enduring they are having to back out of the adoption with broken hearts! This little boy is an angelic little boy. Go over to my side-bar with my blog links and click on Saving Sofia! She has a letter from his adoptive mother and there are a few pictures of him. This has gripped me. First, as an adoptive mother who falls in love with their child the moment they lay eyes on them to only have to watch them slip away. Secondly, for this dear little boy who is nearing his 3rd birthday to be so close to being rescued only to have to wait in his crib longer. And if we need to be reminded of how much love makes a difference in the lives of these children just look at before and after pictures of Hailee on No Greater Joy Mom who is also on my side-bar.

While we were gone this weekend I was able to think, pray and talk with one of my aunts about the joys, the difficulties, the unknowns of adoption. I am more and more convinced that laying down our lives is much more of a daily, tangible walking out of our faith than we care to recognize! That being stretched, letting go of the American dream for the sake of saving a life, that looking crazy in the eyes of friends and sometimes family is worth more eternal value than we can begin to imagine. If I really can grasp that I take Nothing with me when I leave this earth I would live very differently!!

So....I am almost pleading with you who live in Pennsylvania to consider one of these children coming in a few short weeks from the Ukraine. Pray protection over them for the enemy of their souls does not want them finding healing in the arms of a family! Pray that the Ukrainian government will release and allow them to come! Pray too for Sasha, his first adoptive family and that a new family would step forward soon!!

1 comment:

Ang said...

Hi Becky,
Just emailed Lori to ask how we can help. I offered to post on our blog, too. I spoke with another person who saw your post and plan to share it with another family, too.
Hope to talk with you soon,
Angie