Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Two Years Ago

Eden just looked at this picture and said she was scared of monsters. Sure.....silly girl! She loves looking at the pictures of her when she was little. I am just sad that we have no pictures of her until she is 7 months old.
Does a mother ever forget the moments following the birth of a child? They are burned into her mind forever! Even though I had seen pictures of Eden up to this point this was the birth moment for me! Seeing her, holding her....she was perfect! I was nervous beyond belief. Who wouldn't be, right? I was standing alone in the secretary's office with multiple people watching me meet Eden. I was terrified of an adverse reaction from her but instead got little reaction at all. Which suited me fine. We spent those first few hours together just snuggling. Since she had fever she was content to lay on me and sleep. And I was content to stay that way for a long time myself.
I told her today that it has been two years since I got to hold her for the first time. She immediately wondered if we were going to have cake for her birthday. I know she doesn't completely understand but in little ways she is beginning to make the connection. I told her as she gets a bit older we will always celebrate this day in a way that makes her feel special. The day she joined our family is nearly as important as her day of birth! In fact, it may be more important. Becoming part of a family is a big deal and a huge reason to celebrate! And today we are very aware of the fact that we have been stretched, enriched and blessed because of that day two years ago!

No comments: