Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hanging Onto the Knot

You now the saying...."I'm at the end of my rope." Not too long ago during a snow storm my sister told me to just tie a knot at the end of the rope and hang on. I had to laugh because I am such a visual person and for me that visual has stuck with me. I can see a rope with a big huge knot on the end.

I have had to grab onto that knot in my mind a few times over the past week. Having four dependent children suddenly has had its challenges. Shane has not complained at all and he has done a tremendous job being content within his new limitations. We are a week and a half into his broken leg and he still isn't mobile. The doctor told us this week not to push him at all. When his body feels ready he will figure out how to move around. Which he has! He can scoot all over the house on his butt. I am so grateful for his new skill since this enables him to get to the bathroom, up and down the stairs, into his chair at the table without one of us carrying him. You think 52 pounds isn't that heavy but when you transporting a child around at awkward angels your back begins to yell at you! Like I said....I am very thankful that he is now cruising around the house. I am ready for him to master his crutches so we can actually leave the house though. He started working with his crutches on Friday, was trying again yesterday, lost his balance and fell. I really do not think it hurt too badly but scared him good. So...the crutches remained untouched today. We talked this evening and he is willing to try again tomorrow. I am hoping that he will be good enough with his crutches by this next weekend so we can all leave the house together.

Until then, I am enjoying my time with the kids, getting very little housework done and I'm okay with that. Oh and I'm grabbing onto the knot from time to time.

No comments: