Saturday, January 9, 2010

Help Needed

Ok folks! My dear friend Steffany has helped to found Every Mother Matters and they need help right now. It is a great opportunity to help a dear mother in Ethiopia. She is a mother of 3 children and has a prolapsed uterus. She lives in a very remote part of Ethiopia and was found when a group of people showed up in her village for a medical missions trip. The surgery, hospital stay and travel will cost $1000.00. This is a beautiful chance for people to help save the life of a mother, give her a chance at living life with her children and just putting words into actions. We all have a few dollars we can spare. And some of us have more than a few dollars. Steffany's young children already gave ALL their Christmas money to help - $200.00!!! The heart of a child sees the need and responds. Adults see the need and try to figure out a way to hang on to their $10, $50, $100 or $1000!

If you are interested just go to my blog list, click on Steffany's blog (title SHOCK and AWE) and go donate. If you for some reason can't find her blog just let me know in the comments section and I will get back to you. But be warned!!!! She posted a picture of what this woman lives with on a daily basis. I will be honest - I vacillated between feeling nauseous and wanting to cry. The discomfort, the shame of not wanting anyone to know.....I want to have a hand in helping this woman! Anyone care to join me?? Have an extra $10 or more?

1 comment:

steffany said...

Thanks Becky. My sister in passionate living:)