Friday, July 10, 2009

A Little Break

So...I am sitting in bed and it is 10;20 in the morning. Crazy, right? Mark and I took Heidi and flew to Indianapolis for a wedding. My best friend from high school is getting married and I am in the wedding. I was kind of nervous about leaving all the kids (it has been over a year) but now that I am here I am loving the break. It is a very quick trip but totally worth it all. We flew out on Thursday and will return on Saturday. Having just one child to take care of feels so nice. I am able to focus on her and completely enjoy her! And I am still in my pj's (which isn't that unusual) but I don't feel guilty about it. :)

Heidi has been amazing and done so well. We have seen a huge improvement with her in the past week. She is so much more content. Hopefully we make it through today and she will remain happy. We are going to be heading to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for pictures this afternoon, then back to the church for more pictures and dinner and then the wedding will start at 6:30. We have a busy day ahead of us but also lots of fun too!!

I am missing my children but not all the demands. Is that bad? It just feels nice to have some down time. I secretly am wishing we would have stayed another day because it could be awhile before we get another break. I always feel guilty asking someone to watch 4 kids - that is a lot of children to take care of.

Anyway...I am going to take a 15 minute nap before I have to start getting organized and ready to go. I was going to upload some pictures but forgot to bring all the necessary gadgets. Soon people. Soon!

2 comments:

steffany said...

Awesome.
Enjoy it:)

Valerie said...

sounds lovely! hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend!