Saturday, March 21, 2009

There Is No Me Without You

I'm sure most in the blogging community who have adopted from Ethiopia are aware that a dear woman who loved countless orphans and changed their lives died unexpectedly this week leaving behind a drove of children who counted on her. When we first started considering adopting from Ethiopia, a dear friend of ours who is an advocate for adoption (having adopted 3 times herself in addition to her 4 biological children) sent me a book to read. I know I have mentioned the book before but in the wake of this past week it deserves to be mentioned again. "There Is No Me Without You." Changed my life!! For anyone whose heart beats for the orphans of the world this book will solidify in your heart, mind and soul that these children have deep emotional needs regardless of their circumstances. Now that their "mother" is gone my heart aches for these children.

The irony of this all is my mother just returned my book this week. I was digging into it again and asking God to "rebreak" my heart again for these precious children. Our internet finally gets connected at our new home and now I see that this dear woman has gone from this earth. Since I still haven't figured out how to create a link (after a year of blogging) I will just post a sight that you can visit to learn more about her. www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/blog

I long to see more children find homes and families to love and protect them. To feel secure in a fathers embrace, to learn about their Fathers love for them, to run and play like children should and to finally belong somewhere. I know how much I still as a 31 year old woman need to feel secure. Let's keep on loving these children from a distance until God gives you the chance to love them "hands on."

On another note, we are moved and pretty much settled in. I will try to take a moment either later today or tomorrow and update you on our past week. It felt really strange not having internet for a week. Strange but in a way really freeing! Suffice it to say we love, love, love our new home.

1 comment:

Amber said...

She will be greatly missed!