Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Living Life

Yes...Eden found a blue marker...again! You should have seen her hands. Even though the marker was washable a good soak in the tub did not remove the blue from her hands. She wore it proudly for a few days. We are working hard at teaching her to substitute "yes" for her favorite word "no" but it doesn't seem to be penetrating the deep need within her to say no to everything. She loves wearing dresses and goes directly to Mark and says, "I pretty" with a question in her voice. It is so precious. I bought her a new shirt yesterday and after she tried it on she sought him out to make sure he approved. I continue to be amazed at how much a little girl needs to know even this young that she is beautiful in her fathers eyes. Mark does an amazing job at assuring her that she is in fact very pretty!

A bit of updating: we put our house on the market a little over a week ago. It went into the system on a Friday late afternoon, had our first showing on Saturday afternoon, had an offer Saturday evening and had a signed agreement on Sunday by noon. We are still in a bit of shock simply because we fully expected to be sitting on the house for a while. It was only on the market 24 hours before we had an interested buyer. We are still kind of holding our breath and that is why I didn't say anything sooner. We are negotiating a few things right now in regards to the inspection and the appraiser came on Friday already. They would like to close by the end of March if possible. It is all happening very fast. We are almost ready to move into the new place - just finishing up some painting and then we will be ready. I am ready since the baby's birth draws closer everyday.

Speaking of baby......she is growing nicely and so am I (smile). I had an appointment yesterday and she is head down already so hopefully she maintains that position until the end. She continues to be incredibly active as well. We are getting increasingly excited to see what she looks like and to finally meet her. I am now 33 weeks and so the countdown is on. The practice I go to has quite a few docs - I think 7. They are great and by far my favorite practice I have ever gone to. The doc I had yesterday has always been one of my least favorite doctors for some reason but he moved up the ladder considerably because he told me at least twice that I look really good. Now....he is nearing retirement and I know he was not meaning I look good as in "wowsers!!" He meant for being 33 weeks pregnant I looked really good. It is amazing how a single unexpected compliment can make a woman feel like a million dollars!

Last weekend the boys were invited to a birthday party of a friend at an indoor pool. The whole family was invited since Tori is a dear friend of mine. We went, the boys swam their hearts out, Eden shivered uncontrollably in the pool but refused to get out and Tristan wanted nothing to do with the water.
Here is Eden shivering so bad her little chin was quivering. But she didn't want to miss out on the fun.
Tristan finally got his swimming trunks on and stuck his feet in the hot tub. He has quite a mushroom top of hair at this point but we love his curls.
Eden warmed up by sitting on the steps of the hot tub. As long as her daddy was nearby and there was water to splash in I think she would be content for hours.
I know I had more to say but can't seem to remember what it was. I woke up this morning with splotchy vision and was suspicious that a headache was on its way. I took some Tylenol since that is about all I can take while pregnant and sure enough the headache found its way through. Therefore my thoughts are a bit scattered and I am feeling a little drab. Oh well.....life goes on and packing must continue.



No comments: