Monday, March 30, 2009

Still Here

Yes, I am still here. I have just been a little sidetracked. Unpacking, putting things away, rearranging things, arranging again, chasing down wandering children, preparing for baby girl's arrival, oh....and any number of other things you can imagine. I am feeling good though - very happy with how much I have gotten accomplished in the past two weeks. I have a few more projects I want to complete in the next two weeks but we'll see what actually gets finished.

I really need to put some photos of the kids enjoying their new outdoor fun. Which mainly consists of throwing rocks in the little creek, walking over to the wetland preservation which borders our property to see all the different wildlife, chasing the chickens around the yard (a favorite of Tristan and Eden's) and just running free after a long winter being couped up in the house.

Judah of course hunts everything that moves. He and Shane also love climbing the mountain that borders the back of our property. They had a ramp built within the first 2 days for their bikes. Getting them to take the time to put their helmets on is an ongoing battle. I shudder and send up a quick prayer for protection over them.

We can see a train track from our living room picture window. The train isn't obnoxiously loud or anything - far enough away for everyone to enjoy. Except Saturday morning when Tristan had just climbed in bed with us at 6:20 and he bailed out of bed because he heard a train coming. And another time we were eating dinner and in Eden's excitement to get into the living room to see the train dumped her entire bowl of food on the floor. Our neighbor also told us that when the Ringling Brothers circus comes to the Bryce Jordan Center in State College the circus train goes on this train track. If the day is nice they have the cars open so we will be able to see the animals. We are very excited about this since the circus usually comes in April.

I know posts without pictures are not really all the fun - especially when I get long winded. I am feeling overall very good but feeling like the time is drawing near for this baby to arrive. Although lately if I am to be honest I feel a little overwhelmed. I know some of it has to do with not sleeping very well therefore my emotions tend to get the upper hand. I also know that some of my feelings are valid. Either way we are on the final stretch and I am ready to meet our sweet baby girl! Eden loves to kiss my belly and then start pummeling it with her little fists. I guess it is fun for her. Hopefully she sticks to just kissing the baby after she comes into the world and doesn't continue to pummel her as much.

For now folks that is all I can muster. Not too exciting I know. I just wanted you to know I am still alive and kicking. Oh and the reason I haven't blogged for a while is just when our Internet was connected our computer monitor decided to die. So....it took a few days for us to get things resolved and back up and running. But we are all good now. I have no more excuses!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh man, don;t you hate when they get up at the crack of dawn and you just want a few more minutes of sleep and bam, the train.lol