Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here it is Thursday morning already and I am left wondering how another week has almost passed us by. Time just seems to move so much quicker lately and I haven't figured out why. I usually feel about a step behind on things but I am learning to relax anyway. A person can only do so much in a day.

A typical morning around here lately starts with Judah going outside to hunt with his new BB gun. He begged and begged for a 22 for his birthday but we told him he needed to be a bit older. But he did receive a stronger BB gun. It is now 8:40 am and he has been out hunting for an hour already. I will need to call him in soon for some breakfast and to get started on his schoolwork.

Shane, as always, is a tremendous help with the two younger ones. He seems to have so much patience with them. Everyday this week he has helped them completely tear apart the living room much to my dismay. It is already dismantled and I am learning it is futile to have them put things back together before dinnertime. This entails taking cushions off the couch, bringing pillows down from their beds, getting piles of blankets and making the living room completely impassable. They have lots of fun and I just have to take a deep breath before going near the room.

Tristan still loves his balloons although we are finally running out of them. I had bought a big bag (72 balloons) a few weeks ago and he has played and played with them. He likes to take a balloon with him sometimes when we go somewhere. A few weeks ago he took one with him to church - pink of course. He sat during church and would blow it up just a little and then let the air out again. That was before he learned how to pull the opening apart and make that horrible screeching sound. He still doesn't like when the balloons pop and now Mark start tormenting him yet again by popping his gum. Tristan heard him pop his gum last night and wondered what happened and Mark told him he popped his ear. Then Mark proceeded to go to Eden, Judah and Shane, pop his gum and tell him their ears were popped. Now Tristan is all worried about his ear being popped. I know it sounds cruel but it is absolutely hysterical!! Actually, while typing this Tristan just came to me and wondered if daddy popped his ear. Too cute!

And Eden.....she is as feisty as ever and loves to push the envelope. What's new, right? If we ever have a child who is compliant I think I will have to take them and have them checked out thoroughly. While there are times I wish I had a child who would be a little more compliant in the long run I am glad my kids have spunk, attitude and a flare for life. Just makes things more interesting some days! I couldn't resist these pictures. I had just taken Eden's pom-pom pony tails out and she decided to pull up a paint can and have a seat. Just too fitting with the little overalls.
Nice hair, huh?
And this picture here just shows why folding laundry with her awake can take twice or triple as long as normal. She cannot help herself no matter how many times I remove her from the laundry basket she climbs right back in and starts throwing all the laundry out. Disrupts my system and creates inner turmoil but isn't she cute?! I was kidding about the inner turmoil. If her climbing in the laundry basket created inner turmoil then I would hope one of you would come pick me up and cart me off to the doctor.
She is growing so much. She no longer looks like a baby and almost doesn't look like a toddler anyone. She is starting to look like a little girl and it is fun watching her change. She is a beautiful, beautiful little girl!!
I took the two older boys out last night for a little date. We had fun laughing at Shane farting in the middle of eating his ice cream. We came home and had a Mario Kart competition of which I failed miserably. The boys are always so encouraging and try to pick the easy courses for me since I am not very good. Now it is off to be productive - at least try to be productive. Although I am ready for spring the lazy snow that is falling today feels cozy to me somehow!

No comments: