Friday, February 13, 2009

Fun Times

This week we got to celebrate Judah's 8th birthday! I really do not know how we have arrived at 8 years old already but apparently we have! He was incredibly excited and of course was counting down the days. He wanted to decorate his own birthday cake which is very good since originally he wanted a red cardinal cake. He was trying to shoot a cardinal one day which horrified me so I told him to please not shoot the pretty birds.
He and Shane have quite the array of tattoo's on their arms - I know. They received some Narnia tattoo's in valentines cards and had to proceed with putting every last one on their arms and chest. Lovely!! We didn't do anything out of the ordinary on his birthday and he was really annoyed that he still had to do his school work.
Yesterday we took the kids to a a big indoor playground. They have been asking for weeks to go and we finally loaded them all up and went. I didn't last too long crawling through tunnels and going down slides. For some odd reason my stomach started feeling a little strained and sore. Could be that I am almost 30 weeks pregnant I guess. Here is Tristan hiding in the ball pit. He was scared at first but soon was buried underneath with only his little face peaking out.
Eden attempted to monopolize all her daddy's time and she did a good job at it. She is in love with her daddy and it is pretty safe to say the feeling is mutual.
The two older boys used Mark's shoulders to launch themselves into the ball pit.
Eden decided to hide under the balls. I loved this picture of her hands reaching out for her daddy to pull her out. The pit was deep enough that she had a hard time maneuvering by herself.
And here is her "I'm drowning" face.
Too cute for words! She is talking so much this week. Repeating everything including telling me I am a stinker. I cannot believe how quickly she is picking up on things and she seems wayyyy to smart for her own good. She walks around singing Twinkle, Twinkle and I guarantee it is one of the cutest things you ever heard. I had her to the doctor today and found out she has a double ear infection! Quite a bummer since she just had an ear infection a few weeks ago. She is happy and still as active as ever. She has been a bit congested for three days but my indicator from her was when she would sneeze she would fuss and pull at her ears. So...we start another round of antibiotics!
My little man being his usual sweet self.
And the "big" boys. I am always amazed by how much they include Tristan and Eden in their play. Tristan was one of the boys yesterday - they included him the whole time and would wait for him to catch up in the tunnel systems.
And lastly, one of my favorites from yesterday. Tristan peeking through the one tunnel. I am in love with this little child. I have always loved him but it took a while for me to be captivated by him. As I have written before he has not been an easy little boy but we have suddenly turned a corner and he brings such joy to my days!! And I am smitten!
And whoops! It seems I already have this picture but have another look.

1 comment:

Ellen T said...

I love those pictures!!!!!!!!! You need to turn the camera on yourself now and then to be included.
Wow, you got some great shots.