Thursday, July 17, 2008

Smattering of Photos

Do any of you remember the book "Blueberries for Sal?" Or did any of you ever even read the book? This is one of my favorites from childhood and one I have read often to the two older boys. For some reason when Tristan is picking raspberries I think of this book. There is no tin pail to hear the "kerplink, kerplank, kerplunk" as the raspberries are dropped into the pail. But just like Sal the berries wouldn't even make it into the pail. As soon as Tristan finds a good candidate this is what happens:
No tin pail needed here. Just fingers that can pick the raspberries and get them to his mouth.
Ummmm! He stood out at the raspberry bushes yesterday and picked them pretty clean. This frustrated Judah since he missed out on yesterday's berries.
Oh.....he found another one. He is not afraid of the thorns and picks them very, very carefully!
Back to blueberries for Sal.....the other glaringly missing subjects are the mother bear and her cub. So I guess really the only similarity in the story is the little blond haired child eating berries. Although we did find a snake yesterday right next to the raspberry bushes! This created quite a stir and Judah thought he finally found his pet snake. He has been wanting a snake for a while now and I am kind of dragging my feet. They are in fact a very easy pet but who wants a caged snake in their house?
On to other fun activities of the day!! Dirt and water = mud and tons of fun for young boys! I don't know exactly what the boys were making here but they played and played in the mud! Very messy but who really cares! As long as they are getting along and behaving a little cleanup won't hurt this mother!
I realize that I only have a few pictures from Christine's shower so I will just post two of Mark's sisters. We had a wonderful time!! I am so excited that it is finally Christine's turn to get married. I got to meet her future mother-in-law and she had such sweet things to say about Christine. Everything was pretty much black and white and actually quite classy!
Here are Suzanne, Joyce and Hannah!
Add in Grace and Christine and you have the whole gang of Eveleth girls. I have told Mark more than once that I cannot imagine having so many beautiful daughters. It would be rather scary!!! I love these girls and am so grateful that they have always treated me as though I am really one of the family! Thanks you bunch of crazies and let the good times keep on rolling!!!


No comments: