Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm back!

I know I have been rather lame lately. I have been lacking inspiration. Basically what that means is I have just been tired and behind on a lot of things. Mark's brother John and his wife Ashley have been in town with their two little cherubs. This means we have been out of our regular routine a bit. Not complaining - just letting you all know why I have been so lame at posting anything about our life. So...I will give you a smattering of pictures and sometime in the near future (near future is relative of course) I will post something with a little more meat. I have been pondering what makes a good mother lately - maybe I will try to get some of that out of my head and into the blogging sphere. Here is Tristan tormenting the chicks. He loves to chase them while giggling. He has this real funny way of "talking" and he makes sure he gives the chicks a piece of his mind at times. I hope this carries over when as he gets older and the "chicks" need to be told where to go. Like home to their daddy!!! Hands off - this is my boy!!
Bath time - gives me some kicks and giggles every time. I love bathing Tristan and Eden together. Tristan gets all bossy and Eden gives him her very displeased eyes. I'm not real sure how long this shared bath time will continue. Eden has realized that her brother has some different plumbing than her and she is quite fixated on reaching it. He is vehemently opposed to anyone being near his plumbing. Again, this bodes well for the future!! Stick to your guns little man!! I always have to get a close up of his eyes when I have the camera out. Everything else gets distorted but those eyes sure shine through.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and came home to my little girl having a scratch on her cheek. No one seems to know what happened. Hmmm.....could be a cover-up I'm thinking.

On to the twins!! You have never seen such sweet and chubby babies. They are the epitome of healthy, happy babies. And they are such living breathing miracles.
Here is Jacqueline sleeping on our couch. Our couch somehow has a way of putting everyone in Mark's family asleep. It has kind of become a family joke.
And here is Caleb in blissful oblivion. On the couch.
Jacqueline sitting outside by the swing set. She really, really enjoys swinging.

And Eden with Aunt Joyce. If we walk in the direction of the swings at all Eden begins pointing and squealing. She actually called it a wee-wee the other day. She says a few words already which is quite impressive. She took two steps yesterday too which is slightly terrifying and impressive all at the same time. I will post many more pictures soon. We are spending the day with Mark's family tomorrow and some of his extended family. A family reunion of sorts. We don't see John and Ashley and their babies very often so we are trying to make the most of their visit.

No comments: