Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The cabin

So my family all converged on Joe Sharp's cabin for the weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect and we had a wonderful time. There is a two acre pond and of course that is where the kids spent most of their time. There is a really cute sandy beach area, docks to jump into the water, kayaks, a paddleboat, a rowboat and plenty of space to swim. Judah spent a great deal of time kayaking and did very well. His statement to me on Saturday was, "I am going to live here for 50 years." Oh...I wish we could buddy. Speaking of Saturday Judah, Shane and Tyler decided to get up somewhere around 5:45 am to get started on their day. Fortunately Uncle Lamar heard someone downstairs, thought someone was making breakfast, came down to check it out and got sucker punched into taking three little boys to the pond at 6:00 in the morning. We love Uncle Lamar!!!! I heard them running down the stairs but my body just couldn't respond by getting out of bed to see who was awake and what time it actually was. Before arriving I was a little nervous about the pond but all the kids did an amazing job of wearing life vests without hardly any reminders. Most of them can swim but we just wanted to be on the safe side. I have posted a bunch of pictures starting with my favorite of the weekend. Miss Cassie Jo - isn't she beautiful?
Mike jumping off the dock with Tyler and Levi.
My very own tender hearted Shane. He played with Cassie and Riley a bunch this weekend and was so cute! I just love this kid!
Riley striking a pose!
Judah doing his new favorite thing.
Shane and Cassie hanging out on the beach area.
Again, here is Riley looking cute!
Avery's sandy feet.
Chevy trying to figure out if he should jump in the water. He ended up in Mike's arms but not on his own.
Here is Ajmaani. Those eyes are so soulful.
Emily and Chase in a kayak.
The three little munchkins playing by the water wheel.
Eden watching me walk up from the pond toward the cabin. She saw me and started reaching through the railing. Very sweet.
Caitlyn with my boys.
Wyatt sitting on the stone wall over the beach just watching everyone.
Mike burying Cassie.
Steve and Lamar manning the grill.
Tristan laying on Eden so she can't move. He likes to do this a lot.
One of the best surprises of the weekend was seeing one of the little girls Eden spent her first few months with at Toukoul orphanage. There is a couple we met while in Ethiopia that live only 10-15 minutes from the cabin. I said numerous times I should have called them so we could get the girls together again. Well......my sister Beth went ahead and called them so I was surprised to see them pull in the driveway. She is such a sweet little girl and it was fun seeing her and Eden playing together. She looks so much the same but is so much more smiley and happy. We met a world away and it was fun hearing how their first two months have been.

Mark and Tristan on the swing.
Shane again.
Tyler coming out of the water.
Judah messing up Joe's fishing by maneuvering his kayak right alongside of the paddleboat.
Me and Tristan snuggling.
Chase running around in his perpetual diaper.
Aji and Tristan sitting next to each other snacking.
When we arrived home we decided to try and celebrate Eden's first birthday. She was not impressed at all by her cake. Maybe she was just too tired. I mean, who doesn't like icing?
Hard to believe she is one already. Now I have two children that are one at the same time. Kind of scary!!

No comments: