Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ethiopian hunger

Like I said in an earlier post adoption is not the answer to the crisis in third world countries. It is a band-aid for the war, poverty, disease, economic issues that leave these precious children in a situation outside of their control. I didn't mean to post another "heavy" one today. I am just reminded again that if we did not have a tangible reminder in our home everyday I probably wouldn't think about the desparity in other places. Watch the link below. Not for emotional persuasion but just to be educated. If we hadn't just been to Ethiopia I probably would be oblivious to the looming crisis. Put yourselves in the parents shoes and then just be faithful with whatever part you may play in the life of a child/children. I am praying for direction on how to give - even if you feel like it isn't much it may make all the difference for one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7444998.stm

No comments: