Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Sidekick

 I wish I could convey how much I am enjoying my days with this little peanut!  We are settling into our new routine with the other kids going to school and she is loving the extra mommy time.  She is so predictable and seems to like routine like her mother.  Although she is much more of a free spirit than I have ever been or ever will be.  She always asks for an ice cream sandwich or a popsicle by 8:00 in the morning and the answer is always no.  But she keeps trying.  Every single time we go somewhere she asks to go to the bank in hopes of getting a lollipop. She loves going to the grocery store as much as I hate going.
 She is absolutely the sweetest big sister to Naomi.  She climbs in her crib every morning as soon as she hears a noise from her room.  They snuggle together for a few minutes and then I rescue them both.  I overhear her assuring Naomi of her love and watch her kiss her cheeks over and over.
She is bossy and a bit demanding but we are working on her proper responses.  I love that she gets to have a non-stressed out mother during the days.  I am still working on and learning how to breathe deep when everyone charges through the door full throttle at the end of the school day.  Managing attitudes, needs, wants, helping to settle disputes......after 30 minutes I can feel my blood pressure rising.  How I need His grace to mother these children He has given me.

Today is a bathing suit sort of day for Heidi.  She has dug out her favorite suits and is changing and changing and changing.  So lighthearted and carefree.  Why is it so hard for me to live like her? 

I had a friend call me on Sunday and say, "Every time I think of you lately I hear two words 'make dinner'.  I feel like the Lord is telling me to make you dinner this week.  May I?"  Even now it makes me cry.  For different reasons.  Sometimes it feels so nice to know He loves me enough to speak to a friend and tell them I am weary.  It also is amazing to have friends that are obedient to His voice.  It is very humbling to be on the receiving end of peoples love.  Fact is, having someone bring me dinner tonight is a beautiful act of service!!  I have been having some health challenges lately (won't bore you with the details) but the medicine I am on makes me operate with pretty significant fatigue.  What normally isn't a big deal feels like an ordeal now.  Having to pace myself so I am not completely run down is frustrating.  It is teaching me how much I need people which is something He has been trying to teach me for a long time now.  Something as simple as not having to make dinner frees up some time for me to dig into some other neglected things around my home.  So grateful today for friends who genuinely love and love well!!

Now I am off to find my free spirited child and see where she may be "swimming."  Thanks to you who continue reading my ramblings even though they are way more sporadic than I would like.  Someday......

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love your blog! Thanks for sharing. Reading your posts always brings me a smile!! So thanks to you for the encouragement!