Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just Life

 I know that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I really should pull out the traditional "thanksgiving" post but that will have to wait.  My children, who by the way will play a huge roll in my thanksgiving post, are soon to arrive home from school but I know my mother always appreciates glimpses into our everyday life so here goes.  The above picture needs no explanation! 
 Trying to squeeze in a game of chess before it is time to walk out the door to meet the bus in the morning.  The dark evenings and colder temperatures have a way of bringing out the dusty games.  Number one on the list this year for all three boys is chess.
 After school.......it continues.  It does my heart good to see them using their brains and figuring out the strategy part of the game.
 The highlight of last weekend was dog-sitting for some friends.  Heidi doesn't like dogs and by the end of the weekend Tucker was stretched out on her bed!  I still kind of miss him. He is a one in a million dog!
 She has figured out how to crawl into my laundry basket while I am trying to fold laundry.  Kind of cute but kind of not.  Sort of like the first time you walk into your babe's room and they are standing in their crib with a big smile.  Cute until they decide to do it in the middle of the night.  She is learning too many tricks too fast!
 Cousins!  Naomi seemed to lock in on Manny every time he was nearby.  And he seemed happy to entertain her.  I did see him get his daddy's attention and motion to Naomi while holding her. He seemed to be saying he would like a baby.  I mean seriously people!  Could that be any sweeter?!  Last year this time we didn't know Naomi was on the radar and Steve and Sharon were preparing to meet Manny and Ruth for the first time.  I love His redemption!
She is full of personality for sure! 

No comments: