Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Good Mix

We have been battling fevers, colds and a strange virus that produces sores on tongues for the past week. Now the flu bug seems to have hit the main man of the house much to my dismay. There are always bright moments in the midst of the yuck. And my bright moment has been Tristan's fascination with the whole phenomenon of puking. I guess it has been so long since someone has had the pukes that he doesn't really know what it is. He has been wanting to watch his dad vomit which I have strongly advised against. He wants to know what puke looks like. (his words not mine) He seems to prefer the word puke to the more socially acceptable word vomit.

On to the more fun parts of life and things I am thankful for:

* thankful that Judah, Shane and I have dodged the fever, flu and ugly tongue sores so far.

* kind of in shock that I have a child old enough to be seeing an orthodontist for a consultation.

* I love that my littlest guy comes to tell me that he just did a "God bless you."

* the excitement that is building on the eve of Shane's birthday. Everyone loves birthdays around here even when it isn't their own.

* hearing Eden say tonight that she wishes she were a boy and brown so that she could just get haircuts and not have to get her hair combed. (I think she likes being brown)

* God's provision in so many ways but especially in friendships

* thankful for friends who invite our loud and crazy crew to their house and act like we are normal. (we have seriously had like 5 invites recently)

* looking forward to a date night soon with my hubby thanks to the kindness of friends who have offered to watch our kids for us (this has happened before too)

So much to be thankful for and right now the main thing that I am thankful for is 5 children asleep in their beds and 1 husband asleep in his bed. And I think I will opt for the couch in hopes that I will avoid his lovely illness.

And lastly, tonight I pulled out a bad of Cheetos for Shane since he specifically asked for them for his birthday. I was planning on the kids snacking on them while we played Clue. I opened them, ate a few (or a few handfuls), put them on the table and then wanted to puke. Notice the theme here. Apparently we have a mouse in the downstairs pantry area that decided to chew a hole through the bag and help themselves. Unfortunately I was oblivious to this little rodents snack until I had eaten some. So gross!!! I will be buying a brand new bag for a happy and then suddenly disappointed boy!

1 comment:

adalong said...

Ah, Becky...hope the "pukes" soon leave your house. Stay healthy!
Love you! Ada