Saturday, August 20, 2011

Why I Might Stop Cleaning

Scrubbed my kitchen floor yesterday because it was looking a little gross. A little while later I decided that attempting to keep a house clean with my crew is a loosing battle. I think I am a slow learner. Within 2 1/2 hours of scrubbing my floor this is what happened:

*there was a cup of milk spilled on the kitchen table which ran onto the floor
*a nice, plump grape was dropped and in the attempt to retrieve it was stepped on - squish!
*a freshly cut piece of pineapple was dropped and splattered everywhere
*a half piece of cornbread crumbled all over the floor - the other half made it into a child's mouth
*a rather large puddle of pee was found when another child was trying to be helpful and clean up the cornbread

And I am sure I am forgetting something! Mark told me he would forget about keeping the kitchen floor clean and would only worry about it when you could shovel things off the floor. So if you stop by please be understanding of the grime you might find. Depending on my mood I will either be scrubbing away or shoveling!

2 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Haha, I was just frustrated about this the other day. I had just cleaned the kitchen floor and in about 20 minutes it was already trashed - and we only have 3 kids! I told Joel I don't know why I even bother :)

Unknown said...

It can be tedious cleaning the house, especially if you have younger kids in the family. But if you own the right cleaning machines, it'll be more convenient for you to clean, so it's not so much a chore in maintaining the upkeep of your house. For example, a cleaning scrubber makes cleaning your floor more effective and easier.

Minuteman International