Friday, May 13, 2011

The Bird

A few days ago we were leaving the house to take Judah's forgotten saxophone to school and nearly stepped on our little visitor. I of course had to ask Mark what kind of bird it was since I can't identify birds outside of robins, doves,blue jays, cardinals.....the common ones. Pretty sure he said it was a yellow warbler! Whatever it was it was fawned over!

Pretty sure the bird was shocked by the attention and little hands that were touching it. We ran to the school, came back and it was still sitting on the porch. We thought it must be injured but just as we were about to check it out a bit more thoroughly it took flight! And about scared the snot out of us!!

This is just something I witnessed upon entering the girls' room. Pretty sure the "fluffies" get played with more around here than pretty much anything else.


Finding myself incredibly grateful today for friends and sisters that help to sustain me during these long, exhaustive days of spring! This has been the busiest spring for Mark so far and just when I feel like I am reaching my max the days have gotten longer. But in the midst of it I have been blessed with friends that check on me daily and encourage me. I know this truly is a season and God has been exceedingly gracious to me in my moments of weakness!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

It's a Yellowthroat warbler, nicknamed Bandit warbler because of the "mask" across the eyes.~Edith