Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Birthday Time


It's true.....the baby of the house is morphing into a very independent, fiery girl who is turning 2 on this gloriously, sunny day! She has been a gift in every way! I know I have said it so often but I will say it again - I am forever grateful that God broke into my carefully planned (controlled) life and saw fit to reward us with this treasure! She has brought so much life to our home!




She has always had a close relationship with Shane but kept Judah at a distance. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Shane is around everyday while Judah is gone at school. I know it bothered Judah when he would ask for hugs at bedtime and she would look away from him. She would go climb in bed with Shane, snuggle down in his covers and ignore Judah. More than once he had tears in his eyes at what he perceived as his sister preferring his brother over him.


Suddenly though she is seeking Judah out and spending time with him. One day this week Judah asked her to walk with him to the "pond" to look at the ducks with him. She held his hand and off they went. A few days later we were all out throwing rocks at the bridge and she again walked away from all of us and went to sit with Judah on the porch. And she couldn't have gotten any closer unless she had been sitting on his lap. I don't know what is changing but I am so grateful she is seeking him out. Such sweet pictures of a brother with his little sister!!


We have seen definite signs of improvement with her speech and sleep since getting the tubes in her ears 2 months ago. We are so thankful! Her speech is slow in coming but we are patient. We are celebrating 2 years of life today with this sweetie!

2 comments:

adalong said...

I love your blogs, Becky. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Ada

Angie @ www.ourjoyfulliving.com said...

I wanted to say Hi to you. Your mom told me about your blog and gave me your blog address this mornng at church. She speaks very hghly of you. I have just recently got to know her through Freedon Fellowship. She is such a dear.
You have a nice blog I followed you.
If you would like to come over for a visit you can find me here:
www.ourjoyfulliving.com