Thursday, December 30, 2010

Parade of Poop.......

....has arrived at our house! My first clue was when I found Heidi with poop that had run down her legs into her socks and shoes. Of course this landed her in the tub which was fine with her. Shortly after the other two younger munchkins started with frequent trips to the bathroom. The only child in the home yet unscathed is Judah. Here is hoping his immune system stays strong! I found myself wanting to complain earlier and then I thought of Bethany spending weeks on end dealing with her cholera patients! I feel almost pathetic in mentioning the diarrhea at our house when it will not reach life threatening levels. It will just be a mild inconvenience to me and make really sore bottoms on my little treasures! But I don't have to rush to a clinic in hopes that I return home with my loved one. Lets not forget to continue praying for those in Haiti who are fighting for their lives on a daily basis due to the cholera outbreak. It is no longer making main line news but it is very real! And I will continue to clean up little children and scrub my hands! I thought I would upload a few of my favorites photos from the past week as a precursor to the Christmas pictures. Today was the first day in over a week that I felt like the kids were at odds and feeling restless. And some of that may be due to the fact that they have irritate bellies. We have had a really wonderful week!! Shane continues to support his Eagles even though they had a really shabby performance this week. He is a loyal fan!
Judah has of course spent lots of time drawing. Hard to believe we are on the brink of having a 10 year old in the house!
Over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go!!! All loaded up and ready to head to Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna's for the festivities on my side of the family. They had a ball with their cousins and all fell asleep on the way home (except for Judah).
Eden wanted her own picture. I kindly obliged!
Heidi looking all sweet and festive even though she is wearing shoes that do not match! She refuses to wear any other shoes than those. I am not sure what we will do when they no longer fit. She seems a little young to be so particular about shoes but she is. The only other shoes she will wear are ones that are 2-3 sizes too big. That is fine as long as we stay home but that isn't always practical.
Stay tuned for more Christmas fun! After the parade moves on.....

2 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Oh I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

And Vienna is the exact same way about shoes. She has these pink sneakers that she wants to wear all.the.time. She would even sleep in them if she could. And I also find it so amusing that she's already so picky about her shoes!

Love all those pictures :)

adalong said...

Great job at keeping things in perspective, Becky! Hope everyone feels well soon.
I love the pictures!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Ada