Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And Finally....Pictures

Of course we will start out with the newest addition since she is changing a lot already. She hit two weeks old today and we are noticing her cheeks are starting to fill out quite nicely. She seems somewhat opposed to sleep which I am confident will change. She loves to eat often and prefers sleeping on me instead of in her crib. I think the main reason is she lays on her stomach on me and I put her on her side or back in her cradle. I am always hesitant to put my babies on their stomachs in the cradle/crib because of the whole "back to sleep" campaign to lower the chance of SIDS. Eventually I put them on their stomachs when I realize this is what they prefer and they sleep much better this way. I am still enjoying her immensely! I think she is so sweet and I already find myself looking forward to seeing her smile and finding out what her little personality will be like.
Her cousin Riley getting her hands on her. I love watching little girls with babies - so natural for them to hold and nurture. We have enjoyed having family and friends stopping by to visit and spend time with us.
My friend Lara came and spent a few hours on Friday hanging out with us and letting our kids play. Her little girls wanted to know where Heidi was as soon as they arrived and gave her lots of love and kisses.
I just wish you could have seen her little smile. It was priceless!!

After being in the house for a while all the kids went out and we found them in the little creek in various forms of undress, wetness and muddiness. Keaton wanted to give me a smile but the sun was just too bright to make eye contact with me. She is such a sweet little thing!
It doesn't get much better than ice cream cones and playing with friends on one of the first warm days of the year. Summer cannot come fast enough for this group of kids.
Judah being a super hero on the trampoline. I love the expression on his face! I have loved watching my kids lately. Just the innocence, the carefree attitude and zeal for life! It is a good reminder for me to take one day at a time, enjoy all the little things, laugh with my kids, play alongside of them and to not miss the simplicity of life.
Another action shot of the boys jumping/flying through the air.
Eden in her typical state of continual drama. Wow!! Has she been challenging. I'm sure it hasn't helped that Heidi arrived around the same time Eden has decided to challenge every boundary. I have some good stories but they will need to wait since it will take a while and I am feeling very tired. I mean...my goodness...it is 11:00, Heidi just fell asleep and I should be in bed. Who really wants to hear about Eden drama at 11:00 at night? Not me.....soon though because it is kind of funny.
Tristan playing by the little creek. He likes to throw rocks in the creek and congratulate himself on how good he is doing.
The boys playing in the water over the last few days. It was actually hot hear and they played in the water a lot. You don't need deep water to cool off.
They even got their boogy boards out to float around. Pretty cute.
And here is the creek meandering along. Oh how I love having this little creek for them to play in and the woods for them to explore. I need to get my butt outside more and take pictures of them taking flight on their new zip line.

I am starting to settle into a new routine and continuing to not push myself too much. My bursitis seems to be on its way out. I was able to lift my arm again yesterday which is great! It isn't 100% yet but getting better. I am now on antibiotics for mastitis! I am trading one itis for another! The whole word mastitis is just gross to me. I recall our cows getting mastitis when I was growing up. At least I am pretty sure I am not making that up. Being equated with a cow is not something a woman really wants to experience. Judah randomly asked me the other night while we were watching a movie, "So, how do you produce milk anyway?" My reponse, "Good question." And that was all I said. I was not in the mood to go into deep explanations. Like I said, I am tired and was tired then as well.
Now it is off to bed for me so that I can get some rest and answer any and all questions that may be thrown my way tomorrow. And here's to hoping Tristan sleeps past 6:00 and that he doesn't wake up Eden at 6:30!











No comments: