Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Little Details

If you have been reading here for any length of time you will know from previous years that one of my most treasured things to pull out of the Christmas bins every year are the stockings that Mark's grandmother lovingly knit for each one of us.  Each unique and different just like all of us.  When Naomi came home, at some point I realized that she wouldn't have a stocking since Mark's grandmother had passed away shortly before Naomi was born.  A little detail that to some would be inconsequential but to me was very important.  As Christmas started getting closer I approached a lady that attends the same service as us who I knew was an accomplished knitter and asked her if she would be willing to work with me on knitting a stocking.  As we talked and I looked at the craziness of my life I realized there was no way I was going to find any time to try and knit.  Especially a project of that magnitude.  After I finally contacted her and said it would be a no go for this year but maybe we could work on it after Christmas she offered to just do it for us.  It was done so similarly as all the rest.  The colors and pattern were a surprise just like all the rest. It was knit with love just like all the rest.  She specifically knit hearts on the stocking to symbolize love.  Do you see them?  Naomi's stocking is all the way on the left.  If you look you will see the hearts.  Naomi was prayed for as Amy knit.  What more could you ask for?  Small details that were unspoken but God knew they were tucked away in my heart.  And He blessed us through Amy!  Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts Amy!  For loving us, for loving our baby girl and giving us this beautiful gift!

 Speaking of Naomi......she is growing up right before our eyes! She wants in on all the action and can keep up with pretty much everyone in this house.  I think the only reason she isn't walking yet is as soon as she stands she starts bouncing!  It is so cute!
 There is no more taking pictures unawares either.  She loves the camera! 
 One of these days the kids will learn to hang their backpacks on their hooks.  Naomi sees an unattended backpack on the floor and immediately starts going through everything to find some crinkly paper. 
 And if I leave her alone for a minute this is the kind of stuff I find her doing now. Ridiculous!!
 She seems to young to be climbing already but she will be 10 months next week.  She has taken one tumble down the stairs without hardly any crying.  We decided to start working with her on the proper way of tackling the stairs when you are her size.  She has mastered going up the stairs but hasn't quite figured out how to back down yet.  Although I found her on the top stair last week going down backwards.  She is a quick learner but really keeps me on my toes. 
Sisters snuggling in bed.  Or Eden was trying to snuggle.  Naomi was more interested in rolling around and squealing!  Just trust me when I say she has the loudest, most shrill scream you have every heard!  It is her happy scream but wow!  Judah sometimes opts to wear ear plugs and for good reason. 

We are waiting for one more thing to go through for Naomi's adoption but as of now on December 18th at 8:30 in the morning we will be standing before a judge giving our affirmation that we do indeed want to follow through with the intent of adoption that was filed.  What a beautiful and lovely Christmas gift to our family!