Thursday, December 6, 2012

Provision

Its that time of day.  The last few minutes of relative quiet before all the kids pile off the bus and the boisterous activity begins.  Homework, snacks, fighting, more snacks, hugs.....this beautiful mess called life.  I love when all my kids are home but I also love the quietness of the day when it is just the two girls and I.  These months with the girls have been so good for my soul.  I find myself laughing more  and feeling a little less stressed.  Which is good for everyone.
 
We are within 2 weeks now of Naomi becoming a forever part of our family.  Still hard to believe sometimes that a year ago we had no idea she was being formed and here we are a year later totally smitten!  There have been so many things about this adoption experience that have been life changing but seeing God provide all our needs along the way has been pretty amazing!  And a wonderful life lesson for our children.  
 
The night before Naomi came to our home a friend arrived on my doorstep with 2 big boxes of diapers, wipes and formula.  The basic necessities we would be needing the next day but I literally had not had time to go buy those things in the midst of gathering paperwork for our agency.  And that was the beginning of watching as God knit our hearts with so many as they contributed to caring for Naomi but ultimately loving our family beautifully! 
 
Mid-summer my aunt told me that her daughter had done a little bake sale at their yard sale to fund raise for our adoption.  I was pretty speechless.  My cousin Kristen is 2 months older than our son Judah. Her awareness of the needs of others might surprise some but if you knew her parents it wouldn't surprise you too much.  And if you knew her story it wouldn't surprise you either.  She shares the experience of adoption just like Naomi.
 
 Here they are this summer.  I love this picture of the two of them looking at each other.  Hearts bonded and connected through similar life stories.  
She raised $40 dollars to contribute towards expenses.  Some might wonder how far $40 dollars can go in paying for an adoption.  I will tell you what her $40 contribution paid for:  our updated criminal clearances and child abuse clearances.  We had to update all our clearances and fingerprints and that helped pay for them.  We are so grateful for her heart, for her story and that she has a heart for orphans!

We are in the homestretch now and within 2 weeks of standing before a judge to finalize Naomi's adoption.  We are so grateful to every single person who has loved us and supported us over this past year.  The phone calls, formula, diapers, monetary gifts, t-shirts bought......you all have a part in Naomi's story!  And one day she will know how so many loved her!  We will make sure of that!

1 comment:

adalong said...

What a beautiful story! Yeaahhh, Kristin!