Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birthday Time Again.....

 My little man turned 6 towards the end of July.  Can. not. believe. it!!  He is so happy to finally be six!  He has become one of the boys more and more this summer.  He is no longer little and wants to make sure everyone knows this.
 I so vividly remember his rapid entry into this world and the sleepless years that followed!  He is a treasure in every way.  He is our time keeper, our radar reader, our resident weatherman and all around brilliant boy!  He spend some time this morning checking out his desk and classroom at school.  Yes, he and Eden will be going to school this year.  We were so confident they were supposed to go to school this year but as the time approaches I find myself getting a bit worried.  I know they will be in fantastic hands and both will be in small classes which helps ease my fears.
 Friday night found Mark, Tristan and I on the much anticipated birthday date.  We hit the mini-golf course and followed up with ice cream.  Tristan was so excited to "golf".  He informed us it was so easy!  Could be because his version of golf looked more like field hockey. 
 I think I look forward to their birthday dates as much as they do.  I love spending time with each child individually.  I find myself more relaxed, not feeling pressed for time and able to completely engage with them.
 I was trying to get a picture of Tristan and he happened to see the next hole had a tunnel/cave to go through.  So cute!
 My dates for the night!
What a sweet boy!  He has made huge strides in the past year and we couldn't be prouder! 

No comments: