Thursday, February 16, 2012

Alive and Well

These dreary winter days are kicking my proverbial behind! Even though it has been crazy mild this winter the sun stills seem to hide a majority of the time. I am longing for spring so very much. The anticipation of waking up to birds chirping, to the sun shining and children still dirty from the day before. Seeing laundry waving on the line, the excitement of flowers blooming, the bare feet and tan faces. I appreciate seasons and the changes they bring but I have asked Mark for years why we don't live somewhere that winter is only 2-3 months long. To me that sounds splendid!

In the past two weeks we have celebrated birthdays, valentines day, great report cards and everyone being healthy again. We have said good-by to Mark's grandmother who lived a wonderful 92 years! Lived alone until a week before her death when she began to decline rapidly. She went the way you want to see your loved ones leave this world. Graciously and with dignity!!

Shane had a follow-up appointment to see how the prescribed asthma medicine and regimen were working. He made huge improvements within 2 weeks so we are down to doing inhalers and nasal sprays just once a day. I am amazed at how much better he is. And am feeling really bad that it took me so long to become suspicious of his constant coughing. It was only after Eden was diagnosed with asthma back in December that I started putting the pieces together. So thankful for medicine and bodies that are resilient!

This was my "I am alive and still kicking" post. More to follow soon......

No comments: