Friday, November 7, 2008

Odds and Ends

I was able to get out of the house today thanks to my mother-in-law and get some shopping done. I also finally took all the necessary paperwork and documentation to our county courthouse to file for Eden's re-adoption here in the States. At this point she is a legal resident but in order for her to obtain US citizenship her paperwork needs to be reviewed by a judge here. We met with a lawyer who would represent us if we need to go before the judge but the prothonotary's office said the judge usually grants approval without a court appearance. So, our hope is that she will be a US citizen and have a Pennsylvania birth certificate by Christmas. It would just be sweet! I wish I could show you the picture of Eden that is stapled to her birth certificate!! It is stunningly beautiful. Her skin looks like porcelain. One day this week the boys were supposed to mix paint colors for their science lesson. We were experimenting with lots of different color combinations. We used finger paints and lets just say things got a little messy!
Tristan got in on the action and had to have a date with the tub when he was finished. It was just too much mess for a simple hand wash. I look at these pictures and I wish so badly that I would be a more relaxed mother and let them do this kind of stuff more often. I wish I could remember the twinkle in their eye instead of the cleanup afterward.

Hmmmm....not a very productive science lesson. Or depending on how you look at it possibly over productive.
See the twinkle?
While he was still being meticulous and careful!

This is the boys at the Washington D.C. zoo watching the new cheetah being trained to go into her "cave." I love pictures of kids from the back - something pensive about them.

Sitting patiently waiting on someone at the zoo to load him into the stroller and keep moving.

The three boys again. I am realizing that I don't have any new pictures of Eden in this post! I will have to rectify that next post.

One of my favorite pictures from our visit to Ben. Judah holding Ben's had strolling through the zoo. Our boys are so blessed with good men to look up to. Both our families have great men and we have been blessed with some wonderful friends too.
Not even trying to plan this way we ended being in D.C. on Halloween night. The boys brought some fun get-up along to show Ben. Turns out Ben's room mates were headed out to a party themselves. They all crowded on the couch for a photo shoot. Ben's room mates where Breann (dressed as the basketball player) and Eric (the carpenter on the right).
Shane catching a ride on his daddy's back after walking to the White House.

The boys hanging on the fence at the backside of the White House. It was kind of surreal seeing all the Secret Service everywhere!
My man with three of his kids. It was pre-bedtime storytime. They love having stories read to them but it is extra special when Mark reads. I am blessed!
Tristan wearing his Dr. Seuss socks (as Mark calls them) and playing in the cupboard. Every other picture I have of me at this age I am doing the exact same thing.
One last random picture. The White House. Pretty majestic!

No comments: