Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Favorite Moments Over The Past Month

 Hard to believe that another school year is done.  I will have a kindergartner, a 1st grader, a 4th grader and 6th grader next year!!  What?!  A few days before school was finished I hauled the younger ones in to watch the boys perform in their spring concert as well as receive awards from their teachers! 
 Shane got to play the recorder this year and Judah got to beat on a large drum.  I wasn't able to get a picture of Judah since his back was to us.  And if I would have gotten up to sneak a picture I would have had 3 children scrambling behind me so we would have created quite a scene.  I opted to stay sitting and just listen.
 And I can never get good pictures of the boys since my camera doesn't seem to like the lighting in the room where they perform.  So proud of both of them!!
 Someone had a birthday!!  And she was pleased!  We spent the day celebrating her life and the milestone of turning 5! 
 She is such a beauty!  I walked behind her as she skipped out the driveway yesterday and I couldn't help but wonder what her life would have been like had her birthmom lived.  I think it was just the classic moment of her skipping in barefeet, her legs all dusty that transported me to Ethiopia in a split second!  I hope her birthmom somehow had peace as she passed from this world that her baby girl would be ok!  She would be so proud of the beautiful little girl she is becoming!  So helpful with Naomi, so affectionate, so full of spunk, a fighter.......one in a million!
 An impromptu moment of them trying to create a worship team.  Eden said a brief prayer and they broke out into a spontaneous round of Alvin and the Chipmunks "Christmas Time is Here".  It was lovely!!  And moving!  I may have even had tears. 
 Last day of school as Judah and his classmates got to do "the walk of fame."  A tunnel was created by teachers and younger students and they walked the length of it getting high fives!  I cried.  How can my oldest boy be going into 6th grade and heading to middle school.  I'll be honest - I am terrified! 
 One last huddle with his classmates and wonderful teacher.  There were many tears, hugs, more tears and more hugs before students started staggering out of the room. 
We feel incredibly thankful that our boys had such wonderful, caring and compassionate teachers again this year!  It is a tribut to the teachers when neither of our boys wanted the year to be over.

Highlight of the last day of school was watching Judah and Shane as they opened their report cards and realized they both made distinguished honor roll!  We have yet to celebrate that accomplishment but celebrate we will!  We couldn't be more proud of how well you applied yourselves, the character you have exhibited and the young men you are becoming! 

No comments: